Weekly CG Challenge #112: "Haunted House"Background artwork by Wilalbert Gomez
Weekly CG Challenge #112 “Haunted House” has ended!
We received 52 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Wilalbert Gomez, Michel Rochette and Jakob Scheidt. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
Haunted House – Halloween is nigh and what would be a better Halloween topic than a good ol’ Haunted House? Do you already hear the doors creaking? The floor planks clattering? The wind howling through dust-coated furniture revealing the carved likeness of grinning demons straight out of the very core of hell? Storms tearing the cloud-swollen sky as bony hands softly scratch the insides of their crypts when … Oh well you get the idea, right?
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 6 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 5 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 4 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 1 year subscription for textures.com (1000 Credits per month)
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- 1 video training “Proko – Portrait Drawing Fundamentals Course“
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite 2 + 1 freelancer 4K license of any Megascans pack
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 3 months 3D Artist Magazine print subscription
1st place by Wilalbert Gomez
This is a perfect image, relating to the topic and full of interesting detail. We could perhaps nitpick about the clouds all ending in the same place, but it’s a small thing! In colour, composition and mood, we can’t fault it.
2nd place by Michel Rochette
With a really great mood, attention to detail and story, we were really drawn in to this image. The characters pop out in a striking and engaging way.