WELCOME TO SCULPTJANUARY 2018!
Ever planned on improving your sculpting skills?
This is your chance!
Practice sculpting by creating 31 sculptings in 31 days during January 2018. We provide a topic for each day. All participants who submit a collection with all 31 sculptings at the end of the event, have the chance to win some great prizes.
EVENT ENDS IN:
Do you want to use the SculptJanuary logo? Download it here! (PNG / ~700kb)
How to join?
- Use the provided topics (calendar below)
- Create new sculptings
- Use the software of your choice (also traditional sculpting is allowed)
- Use the hashtag #SculptJanuary18
- Using pre-made base meshes is allowed (but you have to give proper credit and post an image of the original base mesh, along with your sculpting)
- We heavily encourage you to sculpt and post daily. However, a missed day can be handed in later
How to win / submit?
In order to win, you have to follow these steps:
- Create all 31 sculptings of January 2018
- Create a collection of all your 31 sculptings (e.g. on Artstation or Sketchfab)
- Send us a link to your collection until Feburary 3rd, 2018 00:00 CET via the contact form
- We’ll pick 3 winners randomly on February 4th, 2018, which will receive 1 of the prize packages each
- If you are one of the winners, we will contact you with further information
Ask a Question
JOIN THE FUN ON FACEBOOK!
The facebook group is an awesome place to post your daily sculptings and to ask for feedback and help from the community!
Join the fun on Sketchfab!
Sketchfab is one of the big supporters of this event. It is a great platform to share your 3d models and embed them on social media, just like YouTube videos. We encourage you to upload your SculptJanuary sculptings on Sketchfab by using the hashtag #SculptJanuary18. In this way everyone can take a look on your sculptings from all angles, and they will show up in a special SculptJanuary gallery on Sktechfab.
Also, you have a good chance of some extra attention by Sketchfab!
If you’re new to Sketchfab, we got you covered!
Julien Kaspar created a two part video tutorial on how to prepare you sculptings and upload them to Sketchfab. (check on the right side)
Here you can find a overview of all topics for SculptJanuary 2018.
Feel free to download and share this calendar on social media.
We have 3 sponsored prize packs for 3 lucky winners.
How to win? Read above!
A big THANK YOU, to the supporter and sponsors of this event!
SCULPTJANUARY 2017 GALLERY
For your inspiration, here you can see a few of the sculptings from SculptJanuary 2017.
Now, challenge yourself and boost your sculpting skills!