Weekly CG Challenge #100: "Movie Poster"Background artwork by Jill Gori
Weekly CG Challenge #100 “Movie Poster” has ended!
We received 77 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Jill Gori, Dimitris Sakkas and Felipe Sánchez Trujillo. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
Movie poster – It’s challenge 100 and that means it’s time for something really epic! Design an amazing movie poster for your favourite movie, any other movie or just for some movie that you invented on your own! Show us the brave hero, the malicious villain, show us guns and explosions, exotic settings, show us heartbreaking arrangements, or just go the other way and make it super minimalistic! It’s all up to you! Show us the poster that would make you say: „Damnit, I wanna go and see THAT movie!“ And hopefully we are going to say that, too!
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 4 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 3 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 2 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 1 year subscription for textures.com (1000 Credits per month)
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 HDRIHAVEN bundle of 10 HDRIs
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements” NEW!
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite 2 + 1 freelancer 4K license of any Megascans pack NEW!
- 1 license of Paintstorm Studio NEW!
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3 NEW!
1st place by Jill Gori
This incredibly lovely poster immediately caught our attention. We’re always pleased about 2D entries, all the more if they are so well-made like this one. Typographic and illustratory (is that a word?) quality equal each other and create an altogether beautiful composition!
2nd place by Dimitris Sakkas
A very interesting approach to this subject, profoundly aiming for maximum visual impact by using an abstract depiction of the well-known xenomorph. Great result!