Weekly CG Challenge #102: "Viking Age"Background artwork by Clayton Sjoerdsma
Weekly CG Challenge #102 “Viking Age” has ended!
We received 48 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Clayton Sjoerdsma, Paul Siedler and Tim Coddens. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
Viking Age – Dragon-shaped boats, grim men with beards and horned helms – that’s what’ll come to the minds of most of us when we think of the vikings. However, the age of these fearless northmen was much more complex: Think of the huge Scandinavian forests, the wild sea, and extraordinary architecture and craftsmenship. Which doesn’t mean you can’t depict a gruesome bloodthirsty viking in all his gory glory! Go on and show us your amazing insight into the world of these famous raiders of the seas!
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 4 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 3 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 2 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 HDRIHAVEN bundle of 10 HDRIs
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 video training “Proko – Portrait Drawing Fundamentals Course”
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements” NEW!
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite 2 + 1 freelancer 4K license of any Megascans pack NEW!
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3 NEW!
1st place by Clayton Sjoerdsma
A flawless image that does everything right: Composition, colors, technical skill. We love the calm yet action-laden atmosphere!
2nd place by Paul Siedler
An epic portrait focussing on amazing details. Braids, scratches and sparks are really well executed, perfect lighting tops the whole thing off. Well done!
3rd place by Tim Coddens
Also this piece features a very nice amount of detail – this time in an environment – that really breathes light into this scene. The stylized style is thoroughly executed and fits on every detail. A wonderful example of a lovely 3D diorama!
by Fabian Orrego
by Iván Batalla
by Tim Coddens