Weekly CG Challenge #107: "Insects"Background artwork by Jakob Scheidt
Weekly CG Challenge #107 “Insects” has ended!
We received 53 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Jakob Scheidt, Florian Wilhelm and Gregory Smith. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
Insects – Tiny yet impossibly strange is the world of insects! We encounter these peculiar beasts every day, shying them away or even stepping on them, but when observed closely, they reveal all their extraterrestrial beauty! Show us your awesome design of these amazing creatures!
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 5 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 4 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 3 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 HDRIHAVEN bundle of 10 HDRIs
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite 2 + 1 freelancer 4K license of any Megascans pack
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 video training “Realistic Lighting in Blender“
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya) NEW!
1st place by Jakob Scheidt
Very cute & interesting design coupled with beautiful lighting & presentation. A delight for the eyes!
2nd place by Florian Wilhelm
The insect is already convincing on its own but it gets literally elevated out of the proportions of a single image, when put together with its convincingly realistic animation.
by Orson Redpath
by Fabian Orrego