Weekly CG Challenge #115: "Mythological Creature"Background artwork by Juan Carlos Montes
Weekly CG Challenge #115 “Mythological Creature” has ended!
We received 24 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Juan Carlos Montes, Mark Pigason and Satyaki Mandal. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
Mythological Creature – All the people who are now engaged in making art, illustration, CG etc. would have most likely become poets and storytellers if they had been born in ancient times, when the Egyptians ruled the known world or the Greeks tried to decipher the secrets of the universe around us. For both professions use their imagination to create fantastic yet believable worlds and creatures that inspire the minds of their audience. Show us your own mythological creature, be it born out of real historic or fictional mythologies.
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 6 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 5 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 5 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite 2 + 1 freelancer 4K license of any Megascans pack
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 1 video training “Proko – Portrait Drawing Fundamentals Course“
- 1 license of “Friendly Shade Boundle 01” NEW!
- 1 video training “3D Stylized Character Course” NEW!
- 1 video training “The Cliff Tower Fantasy Course” NEW!
1st place by Juan Carlos Montes
The combination of great design and awesome rendering makes this the definite winner. fun fact: he won the very first challenge also by transforming a chameleon.
2nd place by Mark Pigason
The great color use and focus on a well designed character make this a close second. Awesome job!