Weekly CG Challenge #116: "Santa's New Sledge"Background artwork by Matija Švaco
Weekly CG Challenge #116 “Santa’s New Sledge” has ended!
We received 21 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Matija Švaco, Andre Bales and Shahadat Hossain. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
Santa’s New Sledge – ’tis the season!! and with that we invite you to redesign Santa’s sledge. Pimp it, upgrade it, reinvent it, make it christmastastic! But make sure he can use it! We all know that Santa isn’t the skinniest fellow and presents have to be delivered efficiently! Think about the design as well as the practicality, find some good reference and impress us! Happy holidays!
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 6 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 5 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 5 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite 2 + 1 freelancer 4K license of any Megascans pack
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 1 license of PixPlant
1 license of “Friendly Shade Boundle 01”
1 video training “3D Stylized Character Course”
- 1 video training “The Cliff Tower Fantasy Course”
1st place by Matija Švaco
A very original idea, combining all sorts of objects in a great looking model. The details are incredible, whilst overall the design and texturing stands out in quality. This would be amazing to explore in VR!
2nd place by Andre Bales
Realistic and refined, this image really stands out. The ‘sledge’ itself is definately not stopping for anyone!
by Matija Švaco