Weekly CG Challenge #120: "Lost in Space"Background artwork by Matija Švaco
Weekly CG Challenge #120 “Lost in Space” has ended!
We received 72 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Matija Švaco, Dimitris Sakkas and Fabian Golz. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 7 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 6 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 5 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 1 license of PixPlant
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite + 3 months freelancer 8K access to Megascans (120 points in total)
- 1 license of “Friendly Shade Boundle 01”
- 1 video training “3D Stylized Character Course”
- 1 video training “The Cliff Tower Fantasy Course”
- 1 video training “Mastering Sculpting – The Ultimate Guide to Dynamic Topology Sculpting in Blender” NEW!
There’s so much detail in here! Really impressive overall and engaging to explore. (We did find the captain’s cat )
2nd place by Dimitris Sakkas
An excellent animation that would be a great teaser trailer for a film. Each shot is well composed with interesting effects and strong mood.
3rd place by Fabian Golz
A simpler approach, but technically perfect, conveying the ‘lost in space’ mood. The character’s pose in particular caught our attention.
by Matija Švaco
by Eddy Ferekh
by Fabian Golz
by Dimitris Sakkas