Weekly CG Challenge #121: "Dieselpunk"Background artwork by Iván Batalla
Weekly CG Challenge #121 “Dieselpunk” has ended!
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 7 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 6 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 5 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 1 video training “Proko – Portrait Drawing Fundamentals Course“
- 3 months 3D Artist Magazine print subscription
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite + 3 months freelancer 8K access to Megascans (120 points in total)
- 1 license of “Friendly Shade Boundle 01”
- 1 video training “3D Stylized Character Course”
- 1 video training “The Cliff Tower Fantasy Course”
- 1 video training “Mastering Sculpting – The Ultimate Guide to Dynamic Topology Sculpting in Blender”
This was an all out winner for us, making an awesome composition a sketchfab scene isn’t easy, the color, light, action, concept and detail are finished to a top level. Congrats!
2nd place by Matija Švaco
The realism and compositing choice in this artpiece is amazing. It feels realistic and hit the spot on the subject matter. Your fx could’ve used a bit more reference, allthough the material looks nice it lacks the dynamic of the rest of the shot.
3rd place by Tommi Rahko
This video hits the nail on storytelling and looks like an interesting tease for a game we’d like to play! Although a lot of stuff was made using simple tools, it delivers on look, feel and mood. Maybe some variation could’ve helped, but nice work!
by Tommi Rahko