Weekly CG Challenge #127: "Goo Monsters"Background artwork by Antoine Le Corre
Weekly CG Challenge #127 “Goo Monsters” has ended!
We received 48 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Antoine Le Corre, Joshua Knauber and Nico Feindt. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 7 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 6 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 5 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 1 license of “Friendly Shade Boundle 01”
- 1 video training “Proko – Portrait Drawing Fundamentals Course“
- 1 video training “3D Stylized Character Course”
- 1 video training “The Cliff Tower Fantasy Course”
- 1 video training “Mastering Sculpting in Blender”
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite + 3 months freelancer 8K access to Megascans (120 points in total)
1st place by Antoine Le Corre
The colors of this piece work really well, green isn’t an easy color. painting the slime couldn’t have been easy but it is a job well done! storytelling and mood are certainly present and make this a definite winner
2nd place by Joshua Knauber
The amount of detail is amazing, the creature spikes a certain interest and there is some storytelling present. composition and color are done really nice and the scale is delivered accurate. nice work!
3rd place by Nico Feindt
The slime simulation and presentation are very interesting and smoothly done. The shader is top level and the delivery happened on a professional level. Well done!
by Nico Feindt
by Viktor Greksa
by Maxim Gehricke