Weekly CG Challenge #134: "Spherical Characters"Background artwork by Rafael Comino Matas
Weekly CG Challenge #134 “Spherical Character” has ended!
We received 87 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Rafael Comino Matas, Juan Carlos Montes and Štěpán Bařina. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you within the next two weeks.
Spherical Character – Now for something weird: Take the most perfect and basic three-dimensional shape in the universe – the sphere – and make a character out of it. Crazy idea? Well, it’s time to let your imagination go wild within this round boundary. What will you create? An Oblivion-style drone? A rolling robot? A giant floating face? You’ll see, the world of spherical characters is bigger than you might think!
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 7 prizes of the list below. The 2nd winner can choose 6 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below. The 3rd winner can choose 5 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 1 license of “Friendly Shade Boundle 01”
- 1 license of PixPlant
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite + 3 months freelancer 8K access to Megascans (120 points in total)
- 1 video training “3D Stylized Character Course”
- 1 video training “The Cliff Tower Fantasy Course”
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- 1 video training “Mastering Sculpting in Blender”
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- 1 video training “Hard Surface Modeling In Blender”
1st place by Rafael Comino Matas
We say: The style of this piece is amazing. The combination of using the shape of a sphere for both vehicle and character was a nice design choice. The presentation is superb. And although the texture quality and mesh detail conflict a bit with each other it is a great piece nonetheless.
2nd place by Juan Carlos Montes
We say: The creepy but interesting feel of this piece deserves a close 2nd spot. The character feels interesting and the quality is top notch. Rough detailing in the texture could have made it a bit more interesting. Nice work!
by Dmitry Kondratkov
by Rafael Comino Matas
by Sebastian Kindermann
by Alexander Salkeld
by Ray Velcoro
by Laurens Gerlach
by Дарко Јовановић