Weekly CG Challenge #138: "Abandoned City"Background artwork by Wei Chung
Weekly CG Challenge #138 “Abandoned City” has ended!
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 7 prizes of the list below. The 2nd winner can choose 6 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below. The 3rd winner can choose 6 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- 3 months 3D Artist Magazine print subscription
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 1 license of “Friendly Shade Boundle 01”
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite + 3 months freelancer 8K access to Megascans (120 points in total)
- 1 license of Graswald
- 1 license of PixPlant
- 1 video training “3D Stylized Character Course”
- 1 video training “The Cliff Tower Fantasy Course”
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- 1 video training “Mastering Sculpting in Blender”
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- 1 video training “Hard Surface Modeling In Blender”
The mood in this very short clip is amazing, it draws the eye, it conveys the subject and compositing wise it frames the character very nicely. Maybe some secondary details/animation could’ve been added. congratulations!
2nd place by Harald Dieter
The realism and lighting work really well! the subject is pretty creative and execution is very detailed. Another element could’ve been added to really sell the image, also the lighting on the clouds seems a bit dark compared to the rest of the image. Nice rendering!!
by Joshua Solanke
by Shahadat Hossain