Weekly CG Challenge #108: "Steampunk Device"Background artwork by Lautaro Iglesias
Weekly CG Challenge #108 “Steampunk Device” has ended!
We received 55 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Lautaro Iglesias, Juan Carlos Montes and Patrick Piranha. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
Steampunk Device – Why does Steampunk keep fascinating artists all over the world? Is it the golden bling bling world of yesteryear? Mahogany and brass? I think it is the possibility to experience the wonders of modern culture and technology in a new way, just as it was newly invented, bringing back the original magic and fascination. Keep this in mind when designing your own individual device of awesomeness, be it a steam-driven headphone or a sparkling time-machine.
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 5 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 4 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 3 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 1 year subscription for textures.com (1000 Credits per month)
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 HDRIHAVEN bundle of 10 HDRIs
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite 2 + 1 freelancer 4K license of any Megascans pack
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya) NEW!
1st place by Lautaro Iglesias
Speed! Action! Competition! This explosive render by Lautaro Iglesias has all the right stuff. Excellent composition and color, beautiful modeling and dramatic lighting all working together to deliver a killer artwork. Great work all round!
2nd place by Juan Carlos Montes
3rd place by Patrick Piranha
Not only is this entry an excellent example of brilliant shading, it also features a beautiful mechanical animation that actually looks believable, which is a bonus. Great work!
by Michal Zisman
by Patrick Piranha