Weekly CG Challenge #110: "On the Movie Set"Background artwork by Renan Longatti
Weekly CG Challenge #110 “On the Movie Set” has ended!
We received 22 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Renan Longatti, Matúš Lipták and Alexander Schmid. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
On the Movie Set – Light! Camera! And Action! We all are fascinated by the movies, so it doesn’t come as a surprise that we are also keen on looking behind the scenes: What dramatic arguments are fought between the director and the producer? How are the awesome special effects made? What expensive gadgets might be to find there? Show us your personal peek behind the scenes revealing what might happen there in reality or imagination!
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 5 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 4 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 3 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite 2 + 1 freelancer 4K license of any Megascans pack
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of PixPlant
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya) NEW!
- 3 month subscription for PHLEARN NEW!
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels NEW!
- 1 Professional license of 3D Coat NEW!
1st place by Renan Longatti
Great overall and in minute detail, this piece really grabbed our attention. We get drawn in by the ambitious scale and the story of the image.
2nd place by Matúš Lipták
Full of movement and action, this entirely lego scene is very striking, and really captures the drama of film.