Weekly CG Challenge #133: "Dream World"Background artwork by Ahnoup Kumar Das
Weekly CG Challenge #133 “Dream World” has ended!
We received 53 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Ahnoup Kumar Das, Jakob Scheidt and Kevin Kessler. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
Dream World – Now there’s a topic for you to go completely overboard! Imagine … anything! A fantasy world beyond our wildest dreams, inhabited by strange, funny or dangerous creatures. Maybe your world has even its own curious physics, who knows? There is only one limitation: It has to be extraordinary!
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 7 prizes of the list below. The 2nd winner can choose 6 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below. The 3rd winner can choose 5 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 1 year subscription for textures.com (1000 Credits per month)
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 1 video training “Movie Scene Creation in Blender 3D“ (English or German)
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 1 license of “Friendly Shade Boundle 01”
- 1 video training “Proko – Portrait Drawing Fundamentals Course“
- 1 video training “3D Stylized Character Course”
- 1 video training “The Cliff Tower Fantasy Course”
- 1 video training “Mastering Sculpting in Blender”
- 1 freelancer license of Quixel Suite + 3 months freelancer 8K access to Megascans (120 points in total)
- 1 video training “Hard Surface Modeling In Blender” NEW
1st place by Ahnoup Kumar Das
A superbly crafted scene, with brilliant lighting, composition, and colour. Not only that, but it matches the topic perfectly in subject and mood.
2nd place by Jakob Scheidt
A really detailed image, with great use of negative space and engaging characters which really feel like they’re moving in the environment.
by Bárdos Richárd
by Sebastian Kindermann
by Emmanuel Idusuyi
by Ph Ami Le
by Timo Meyer
by Ruud Hagedoorn
by Daniel Kovacs
by Laurens Gerlach