Weekly CG Challenge #141: "Snowball"Background artwork by Melanie Lee
Weekly CG Challenge #141 “Snowball” has ended!
We received 38 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Melanie Lee, Tyler Shook and Martin Schrimpel. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
Snowball Ah, it’s that time of the year again! Can you smell it? The thick white snow outside the frosty windows? Aren’t your fingers itching for finally forming a nice round snowball and join a wild snowball fight? Well, maybe it’s not snowing right now, maybe you haven’t had White Christmas for years. But in your imagination, it can become true and childhood dreams can sprout into amazing artworks!
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 4 prizes of the list below.
The 2nd winner can choose 3 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below.
The 3rd winner can choose 2 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 1 license of PixPlant
- 1 bundle of “Friendly Shade”
- 3 months freelancer 8K access to Megascans (120 points in total)
- 1 license of Graswald
- 1 video training “3D Stylized Character Course”
- 1 video training “The Cliff Tower Fantasy Course”
- 1 video training “Mastering Sculpting in Blender”
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- 1 video training “Hard Surface Modeling In Blender”
1st place by Melanie Lee
We say: The clear winner for this week, the composition and design really spark the holiday spirit with us. Some detailing on the cloud and the notes could improve it a bit but the detail on the birdie and the house are aweome! Nice work.
2nd place by Tyler Shook
We say: Awesome design! It’s dynamic, funny and looks like an interesting character. Be wary of your composition and keep your margins in the direction of the action (in this case on the right instead of the left). Good Work!
by Meh Hikwa
by Daniel Wikström
by Ph Ami Le
by Jesse Levett
by Jesse Aguilera