Weekly CG Challenge #143: "Knight"Background artwork by Eugene
Weekly CG Challenge #143: “Knight” has ended!
We received 38 accepted submissions. Congrats to the three winners Eugene, Ben White and Erik Salaun. See the winners and all entries below.
Please note: Concerning the prizes, we will contact you in the next two weeks.
Knight The warriors of old, a never-ending source of inspiration for artists, poets and historians. From the brittle pages of ancient books, valiant knights ride to battle with fearsome enemies or cruel dragons. Seldom do these depictions reflect the historic reality, but they are a true reflection of man’s desire for heroes full of virtue and selflessness. Think of what makes a knight a knight and let yourself be carried away by your imagination alone!
We pick three winners for each challenge. The winners will be announced a few hours after the challenge has ended. The prizes will be distributed like this:
The 1st winner can choose 7 prizes of the list below. The 2nd winner can choose 6 of the prizes the 1st winner does not choose, from the list below. The 3rd winner can choose 6 of the remaining prizes, from the list below.
Prizes for this challenge:
- A place in the Hall of Fame (for all winners)
- Get pinned on the Facebook wall for two weeks (for all winners)
- 500 Credits for textures.com
- 2 model packs from Chocofur
- 3 months pro subscription for Sketchfab
- 1 month unlimited rendering with RenderStreet One
- 3 months subscription for PHLEARN
- $100 rendering credits for FOX Renderfarm
- 1 steam license of Marmoset Toolbag 3
- 1 license of VR Plugin (for Maya)
- 1 license of Cycles Material Vault
- 1 license of Marmoset Hexels
- 1 video training “Proko – Portrait Drawing Fundamentals Course“
- 1 bundle of “Friendly Shade”
- 3 months freelancer 8K access to Megascans (120 points in total)
- 1 license of Graswald
- 1 video training “3D Stylized Character Course”
- 1 video training “The Cliff Tower Fantasy Course”
- 1 video training “Mastering Sculpting in Blender”
- 1 video training “Space VFX Elements“
- 1 video training “Hard Surface Modeling In Blender”
1st place by Eugene
We say: An incredible piece, well designed with a great character, strong composition, and excellent colour. This really stands out as an overall image and in carefully crafted details.
2nd place by Ben White
We say: A strong mood and dramatic setting helped this entry reach second. There’s a lot going on with a readable narrative and well created characters.
3rd place by Erik Salaun
We say: This is a really original design and the model is well created and presented. The metal material is particularly strong.
by Erik Salaun
by Павел Мазаник